1. The collections of the Cultural History Archives are available for research purposes to everyone, except materials for which access is restricted.
2. Cultural History Archives are open on working days 9 AM - 5 PM, on Friday 9 AM- 4.30 PM. Original materials can be ordered from the funds no later than half an hour before the archive is closed.
3. In order to use the collections, the archives must be contacted in rooms 217 or 218.
4. The user of the archive must fill in a user card, which indicates the name and contact details and the purpose of the work. When signing the card, the user undertakes to follow the procedure for using the collections established by the Estonian Literary Museum and the Estonian Cultural History Archives and the laws of the Republic of Estonia (Personal Data Protection Act, Public Information Act, Copyright Act, etc.).
5. Cultural History Archives materials may be used only in the room of Cultural History Archives researchers (217) or, in exceptional cases, in agreement with the employee in other premises of the Estonian Literary Museum, they may not be borrowed from the Literary Museum.
6. Collections must not be damaged. The damage caused must be compensated in accordance with the decision of the evaluation committee of the Estonian Literary Museum. The head of Cultural History Archives may deprive a person who has violated the procedure for the use of collections of the right to use the collections. The user may appeal the decision to the director of the Estonian Literary Museum.
7. Cultural History Archives materials may be cited and referenced in research, using the correct citation system and respecting the authors' right to privacy on sensitive topics. Relevant help and information about the reference system can be obtained from the archivist.
8. In order to publish archival materials, permission must be requested in writing from the director of Cultural History Archives and the laws in force in the Republic of Estonia must be observed. Upon publication, reference must be made to the Estonian Cultural History Archives as a repository of materials, using the correct reference system. The publisher is obliged to submit to the archives at least one copy of the publication in which the material of the archives has been used.
9. Copies of Cultural History Archives materials can be ordered if copying is possible without damaging the material (see ordering copies, price list).