1. The collections of the Estonian Folklore Archives shall be accessible for research purposes to all, except for materials to which access has been restricted.
2. The Estonian Folklore Archive is open on working days from 9 AM to 5 PM, on Friday from 9 AM to 4.30 PM, the original materials can be ordered from the funds no later than half an hour before the closing of the archive.
3. To use the collections, you must contact an archivist in room 211.
4. The user of the archive must fill in a user card with his / her name and contact details. When signing the card, the user undertakes to follow the procedure for using the collections established by the Estonian Literary Museum and the Estonian Folklore Archives and the laws of the Republic of Estonia (Personal Data Protection Act, Public Information Act, Copyright Act, etc.). The Estonian Folklore Archive ensures the protection of users' personal data.
5. A visit to the archives must be recorded in the guestbook in the guestbook. Estonian Folklore Archives materials may be used only in the room of Estonian Folklore Archives researchers (211) and by special agreement with an archivist in other premises of the Estonian Literary Museum, they will not be borrowed from the Literary Museum.
6. Collections must not be damaged. The damage caused must be compensated in accordance with the decision of the VAT evaluation committee. The President of the Estonian Folklore Archives may deprive a person who has violated the procedure for the use of collections of the right to use the collections. The user may appeal the decision to the director of the Estonian Literary Museum.
7. Copies of Estonian Folklore Archives materials can be ordered if copying is possible without damaging the material (see Ordering copies, price list).
8. Estonian Folklore Archives materials may be cited and referenced in studies, using a proper citation system and taking into account the limitations of the material and the right of performers to privacy on sensitive topics. Information on these issues is available from archive staff and the Estonian Folklore Archives website www.folklore.ee/era.
9. The production of publications and databases based on archival materials and the creation of web-based outputs must be agreed in advance with the Estonian Folklore Archives Director when planning the work. Specific publication conditions will be agreed in a separate publication agreement for each publication.